Friday, May 29, 2015

Psst... Something Exciting is Happening!

I have been keeping a secret for a while from you wonderful readers... but today I can tell you a bit about it.

I was approached by a company called Hazel & Ruby and given a chance to collaborate with them to create a craft kit!! I have been working to create the actual item, taking pictures, writing instructions and shooting a video! That's right, I said "video"! Being in front of a camera is not my forte, but I did it with my ever so supportive husband; AKA Mr.TRH.

Along with other blogger's craft kits (there are going be lots of fun kits!), my kit will be in a store near you soon. Eeek!

It would be a lie if I said I am not nervous, especially when I start thinking about whether my kit will sell or how people are going to receive it. But, looking back over the last several years of my life... how many times I passed up, or said "no" to opportunities, just because I was scared and because I didn't believe I could do it. This time, I decided to grab the bull by the horns and do my best. The rest... well, life is an adventure, right? I will wait and see what happens with an ever so delighted and thankful heart.

I will let you know when the product is released, so stay tuned! :)

20 comments :

  1. Congrats! You create such beautiful things, I'm sure any kits of yours will be a hit. I hope your new kit will be for the apron you are wearing -- I will be the first to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan for your kind words! Yes, my kit is the apron I am wearing. :)

      Delete
    2. Then I can't wait to buy it! I think that's amazing. I may buy two, so I can make one for my sister. I've been meaning to create an apron for her as a gift but I want something standout CUTE! Your apron is perfect. August gives us holiday sewers enough time. ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh how cool! I can't wait to see more! That apron is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynette! The package will have my picture and such, my whole family is waiting for the kits to be on the store shelf. :)

      Delete
  3. How exciting! Good for you. I hope it goes great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin. :) You are so sweet and kind!

      Delete
  4. Very exciting news indeed! Was going to ask about the apron you are wearing but my question is answered in the above comment :-) Looking forward to your future kits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan for your encouragement. I appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  5. How amazing for you! Congratulations! Your apron is adorable so I can only imagine your kit will be a hit! Looking forward to reading more about it! Good Luck!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! The kit will be available in August. I will post about it in the future for sure! :)

      Delete
  6. Sachiko, how exciting for you! I am sure the kit will be great as you are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always appreciate your support, thank you for keep reading my blog and being so supportive. :)

      Delete
  7. Yay!! Good for you! Looking forward to seeing your kit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kit will be available in August. I will sure to write about it soon! :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin