Friday, July 20, 2012

It's Live! / Refashion It!

Hey everyone, do you remember that I told you about my filming experience with Megan from Brassy Apple on her new show on the Craft Channel?



Guess what. It is ready to view today!

I shared how to make my ruffle shirt. I shared the tutorial on my blog but this is the first time ever that I am in front of a camera! You can probably tell I was nervous during the filming... and oh, my English! I watched the show once and I was dying!

But, you know, Megan was an amazing host and guided me through the whole thing. So thank you Megan, You are amazing!! Please go check out my episode at Refashion It! She has lined up an awesome list of guests, so keep checking her channel.

Because I was SO nervous, I actually skipped a couple of things that I wanted to share on the show...

1. Remember that when you are looking for the same t-shirt THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE THE SAME SIZE. I realized that myself one day. You just need one shirt that's your size, and the other one to make ruffles can be a different size. When you are looking for a good deals, you kind of have to be flexible.;)

2. When you are pinning the ruffles to the shirt, it might be helpful to have thin cardboard in the t-shirt, so you don't pin through the front and back layers.

Well, that ends my 15 minutes of fame. See you all later. :)

19 comments :

  1. You did a great job! Adorable project and easy to follow. You must be kidding about your English.....you sounded great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sachiko,

    What a fun video! I like how you explained the process and you didn't seem nervous at all. It would have been nice to see some different versions as you have on your blog, too!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sachiko,

    What a fun video! I like how you explained the process and you didn't seem nervous at all. It would have been nice to see some different versions as you have on your blog, too!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I'm totally going to check it out. I bet you are wonderful.
    -liZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sachiko, That was excellent. Your English is perfect. No problem at all. Great presentation skills. It was nice to see a video version of the instructions. By the way, your lace top and off white bracelet are gorgeous! I love them both. Were either or both of them one of your wonderful projects?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, thank you so much for your supportive comments everyone! They mean the world to me. :)

    Darlene,

    About the lace top and bracelet...oh I wish they were my projects, but I bought them at a store. The top was from Ross (I know! Can you believe it?!) and the bracelet was a small shop in the mall. They were awesome prices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved watching your video. I loved that top you were wearing too. You did a fabulous job, and I love the color of shirt you used. I will have to do that color sometime. And your English was great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were so sweet! I've been wanting to try your ruffle shirt tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! Thanks for sharing! I think you did amazing, I had no problems understanding you and following what was going on. :) And I am excited to share this tutorial with my sister-in-law. She saw your shirt once and has been wanting to make one since. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! Now I need to go find spare t-shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! Now I need to go find spare t-shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just watched it - your presentation was great and it was fun to watch your design process "live" - I bought two t-shirts from the dollar store and I think after I'm done working today, they will be my next refashion like this one! Thank you for sharing your creativity with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now, that is a courageous woman ;) you looked awesome and just the sweetest thing on that show... You must beso proud of you, and please don't be hard on yourself!!!
    Josée

    ReplyDelete
  14. Outstanding video! I love your altered T-shirts. Will you be appearing again on the show?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Outstanding video! I love your altered T-shirts. Will you be appearing again on the show?

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did SO great! You seriously don't seem nervous at all. Yay Sachiko!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Why can't I ever find a top that cute at Ross? :) I loved the video and you sounded wonderful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was awesome, you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree. You did a wonderful job and you sounded great.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin